The HPTA has been hearing concerns from several tenants about the condition of the High Park Village properties and management as of late: tenants have complained of poor customer service and communication at Vertica, poor garbage disposal at both Minto and Vertica properties, and a deterioration of the quality of maintenance of grounds and amenities at Vertica.
As the HPTA is currently limited in people power and resource, and focusing on fighting AGIs at the moment, we want to remind tenants about how you can take action to express your concerns to management.
While the HPTA can and will voice your concerns to management as well, it’s important that all tenants voice concerns directly to management as well. They need to hear from you! The more people they hear from, the more they are likely to respond.
Please follow the reporting protocol outlined below, and don’t be shy about voicing your concerns!
- Please send an email to Monique Channer at email@example.com. Copy it to Customer Experience Manager (Angela Thomaidis) at firstname.lastname@example.org, and to email@example.com. Include as many details as possible (what?, where? when? who? why?) and also photographs, if possible. Indicate if a Vertica contractor or rep. was involved.
- If the issue has not been resolved to your satisfaction, forward Vertica’s response to the HPTA and explain why the matter is not resolved.
- Your issue will be discussed at our next meeting with Vertica. The HPTA respects privacy and will not mention names.
- If the issue is serious and has still not been resolved to your satisfaction and after our meeting with Vertica, you may want to lodge a formal complaint to the Landlord and Tenant Board. You can find various resources and contact information on their website http://www.ltb.gov.on.ca/en/.
- You can also file a complaint with the Certified Rental Building Program to let them know you feel Vertica is not living up to the standards of the program. Click here for their contact form and in your comment, outline your concerns, and provide them with your permission to contact the senior management of the property.
- Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and cc the email to email@example.com. Include as many details as possible (what?, where? when? who? why?) and also photographs, if possible. Indicate if a Minto contractor or rep. was involved.
- If after two attempts the issue has still not been resolved to your satisfaction, forward Minto’s response (or let us know if there was no response) to the HPTA and explain why the matter is not resolved.
- If the issue is serious and has still not been resolved after our meeting with Minto, you may want to lodge a formal complaint to the Landlord and Tenant Board. Various resources can be found on its website http://www.ltb.gov.on.ca/en/.
For maintenance issues, Minto tenants can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.